Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Come Hell or High Water by Michele Bardsley


Everybody makes mistakes-and my first one was named Connor, a heart- stealing Scottish hottie. I thought our night together was the beautiful beginning to a love story, which turned out to be my second mistake. I, Phoebe Allen, lifelong Broken Heart resident and vampire, am now mated to a half-demon.


Thankfully Phoebe's four-year-old son Danny is safely away at Disneyworld with his human father. Because Phoebe's right in the middle of major paranormal drama, helping Connor and his rag-tag group of friends retrieve part of an ancient talisman in order to ward off Connor's vicious stepmother, an uber-demon named Lilith. Phoebe swears she isn't falling for any of Connor's demon charm. But still, he's willing to do anything to protect her and prevent demons from storming into Broken Heart. And her undead heart can't resist a bad boy with identity issues...
This is the 6th book in the Broken Heart series. It takes place about 5 years after the initial towns people were turned. This was a very good book! It was a bit different from her previous five books as the majority of this book did not take place in the actual town of Broken Heart, but mostly in surrounding areas. It was still a very funny book, as I've come to expect from Michele Bardsley. I enjoyed getting to know the characters of Connor and Phoebe, as well as coming back to visit friends from previous books.
One of the only questions I had about this book is why does every author name the bad demon Lilith? lol Not that it took anything away from the book, I am just curious. I can think of at least 3 other instances where the bad demon characters are named Lilith. Must be a popular demon name. :) You won't be disappointed if you read this book. I would recommend reading the five books before this one if you haven't read any of the Broken Heart books yet. They don't technically have to be read in order, but there are reoccuring characters in all the books and they are easier to understand if you've read the previous books. All in all, I'd give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars. I can't wait to read the next book. Good thing I'm one of Michele's minions and already have access to the ARC. ;)

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio