Sunday, March 14, 2010

Alex Van Helsing: Vampire Rising by Jason Henderson


A descendant of legendary vampire hunter Abraham Van Helsing, fourteen-year-old Alex is stuck at boarding school near Lake Geneva, Switzerland, when he finds himself drawn into a web of paranormal intrigue. It turns out that Lake Geneva is also home to a secret school for vampires called the Scholomance—and now to a dangerous vampire clan lord known only as Icemaker, who’s using the Scholomance for his own dangerous endgame. With the help of his friends and of special agent Sangster, it’s up to Alex to fulfill his family destiny and stop Icemaker’s frightening plans once and for all.

This was just an ok book for me. I liked the idea of the book, but there were too many words and phrases that I just didn't get. I don't read comic books or manga and I've never read Frankenstein. But I'm sure that there are people out there that would get all the references and truely enjoy this book. The storyline did keep my attention, but I thought that it progressed a little too quickly to be believable and you would have had to suspend your belief a little too much for some of the events. Overall, I'd give this book 3 out of 5 stars.

1 comments:

Morgan said...

I like the idea of it too, but doubt I will actually like reading it. Thank you for your honest review!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio