Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Match Made In High School by Kristin Walker


CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR SCHOOL HAS INVITED YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN A REVOLUTIONARY MISGUIDED COURSE CALLED TRYING THE KNOT!

When a mandatory course forces Fiona to “try the knot” with super-jock Todd Harding, she’s convinced life couldn't get any worse. Until her crush is paired with her arch enemy (otherwise known as Todd’s obscenely hot, slightly sadistic girlfriend). But that’s nothing compared to her best friend’s fate – a year with the very goofy, very big Johnny Mercer.

A series of hilarious pranks leave Fiona wondering: is there something her “best friend” hasn’t told her? Could there be more to Johnny Mercer than an awesome music collection? And most intriguing, could Todd Harding have a heart beneath his pretty-boy exterior?
This was an awesome book! I'm so glad I got to review it for Around the World ARC Tours. The book starts out at the beginning of the school year when the Senior class finds out that they have to participate in a pretend Marriage Education class. I think that this was a great idea for a book. It reminded me of the class that I took in High School where we had to pretend that we were parents and carry around a egg "baby". The characters in the book were very likeable, especially Fiona and Johnny Mercer. I also liked how Todd wasn't portrayed as a jerk the entire time in this book. Overall I'd give this story 5 out of 5 stars. I'm looking forward to Ms. Walker's next book!

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio