Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells

Sometimes I still wake up shivering in the early hours of the morning, drowning in dreams of being out there in the ocean that summer, of looking up at the moon and feeling as invisible and free as a fish. But I’m jumping ahead, and to tell the story right I have to go back to the very beginning. To a place called Indigo Beach. To a boy with pale skin that glowed against the dark waves. To the start of something neither of us could have predicted, and which would mark us forever, making everything that came after and before seem like it belonged to another life.

My name is Mia Gordon: I was sixteen years old, and I remember everything.

This was a great book! I finished it this morning and I'm still thinking about the ending. The end of the book wasn't what I had expected at all. I love it when I finish a book and hours later I'm still thinking about it. The writing was descriptive and the characters weren't immature like in some YA books I've read. I read the book in two sittings, which for me, means the book is definitely worth reading. If you enjoy reading about the beach and a family that isn't always perfect, I recommend reading this book. The romance is perfect too!

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio