Sunday, September 2, 2012

Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, Book 1) by Jill Shalvis

Maddie Moore's whole life needs a makeover. — In one fell swoop, Maddie loses her boyfriend (her decision) and her job (not her decision). But rather than drowning her sorrows in bags of potato chips, Maddies leaves L.A. to claim the inheritance left by her free-spirited mother - a ramshackle inn nestled in the coastal town of Lucky Harbor, Washington.

Starting over won't be easy. Yet Maddie sees the potential for a new home and a new career - if only she can convince her two half-sisters to join her in the adventure. But convincing Tara and Chloe will be difficult because the inn needs a big makeover too.

The contractor Maddie hires is a tall, dark-haired hottie whose eyes - and mouth - are making it hard for her to remember that she's sworn off men. Even harder will be Maddie's struggles to overcome the past, though she's about to discover that there's no better place to call home than Lucky Harbor.


My Thoughts:

This book was amazing!  It took me a while to read it and I'm not sure why.  I have always loved Jill Shalvis's books because the writing is excellent and the books never fail to make me laugh.  This is the perfect recipe for a great book.  This book is no exception.  The two main characters, Maddie and Jax are very engaging and they make you like each of them right away.  The secondary characters are great as well.  Maddie's sisters Tara and Chloe are portrayed in exactly the right way in order to make me want to rush out and read their books as well (which I did, by the way!).  Jax's friends Ford and Sawyer are described as very loyal, good looking and very alpha male, which is always a good thing!  

I got right into this book and didn't look back.  I personally think it was the description of the town of Lucky Harbor.  It is very quaint, had great neighbors and totally made me want to live there!  I also really liked the idea of being left a run down inn and having to work to make the inn a success.  

There are 5 more books in this series and I suggest you read them all.  I've read the next two and they are just as good as the first.  

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio